Mama Strut by PELV-ICE is a Class I medical device under the category:
- Orthopedic and Surgical Supports
How to get reimbursed:
- Contact your insurance provider for reimbursement forms or search their website for the list of eligible medical devices and online submission options.
- Get your OB/GYN or Midwife to write you a prescription with the coding below. Request a Rx below.
- If you have a HSA or a FSA account attached to your insurance plan, you can purchase with your HSA/FSA issued credit card on our site.
Recommended ICD-10-CM codes:
- R10.2 Pelvic and perineal pain
- N81.2 Incomplete uterovaginal prolapse
- N81.3 Complete uterovaginal prolapse
- N81.81 Incomplete or weakening of pubocervical tissue
- N81.82 Incomplete or weakening of rectovaginal tissue
- O26.7 Subluxation of symphsis (pubis) in pregnancy, childbirth & puerperium
- O71.89 Diastasis recti
- K40-46 Hernia
- O70.0-O70.4 Perineal laceration during delivery
- M54.5 Acute or chronic pain in the lumbar or sacral region
- M25.551/M25.552 Hip pain R/L
- R10.30 Lower abdominal, inguinal, groin pain
HCPCS (product) Codes:
- L8310 Pelvic Truss
- A9273 Hot water bottle, ice cap or collar, heat and or cold wrap any type
- E1399 (Medical Grade Mama Strut – insurance only) Long Description: PELVIC ORTHOSIS, FLEXIBLE, PROVIDES PELVIC-SACRAL SUPPORT, PROVIDES LUMBAR SUPPORT, PROVIDES PELVIC FLOOR/PERINEAL SUPPORT, PROVIDES ABDOMINAL SUPPORT, REDUCES MOTION ABOUT THE SACROILIAC JOINT, HIP JOINT, ADJUSTABLE FLEXION, EXTENSION, ABDUCTION CONTROL, PRODUCES INTRACAVITARY PRESSURE TO REDUCE LOAD ON THE PELVIS, LUMBAR, ABDOMINALS AND PELVIC FLOOR. INCLUDES REMOVABLE POUCHES WITH GEL PACKS FOR ICE/HEAT THERAPY ON THE LUMBAR, HIPS, ABDOMINALS AND PERINEUM. PREFABRICATED.