Like any major health event, there can be risks and complications that threaten your life. If you or a loved one experience any of these symptoms after delivery of a baby, vaginal or c-section, call 911 or your healthcare provider immediately.
Be on the look out for the following:
- Temperature of 100.4°F or higher
- Calf or leg pain with redness, warmth or tenderness
- Sudden and heavy blood loss, or increasing blood loss, including clots and dizziness.
- Severe or persistent headache
- Elevated blood pressure
- Upper abdominal pain or tenderness
- Have vomited or feel nauseous
- Shortness of breath even when you rest
- Chest pain
- Thoughts of harming yourself or your baby